Sunday, November 25, 2007

A day in the life

Due to several requests, as well as my own desire not to write anything real tonight, this entry will be devoted primarily to pictures. These images, more or less, constitute a normal day for me.

First, I wake up in this bed:

Those are scarves and an umbrella hanging from the wall. That is Clownie lying lifelessly on my pillows.

Then, twisting the long, creaky metal pole, I roll up my blinds--wonderful, heavy, wooden blinds that keep me in pitch blackness as late as i want--and sunlight comes flooding in (unless it's gray and rainy. which is fairly frequently). This is what I see:

Yes, that is a French-language version of Cosmo in the right corner. And yes, I make sure that my sunglasses stay in a straight line at all times.

When I leave the building, I go through this gate:


No matter where I am going, I am usually late, and I spring out of the metro station, breathless, ripping my scarf from my neck and unbuttoning my coat as I run, working myself into a heated frenzy even against the biting chill. A rough approximation of said event:



These, Cory, are my feet on Parisian pavement:



They are, I believe, pretty different from my American feet.

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Loved the pictures. If a picture is worth a thousand words, between your two continguous blog entries you've got 10,000 words. Talk about leverage. By the way, Clownie doesn't lie lifelessly. He may look lifeless, but he has a very active inner life, and he's just maintaining his integrity.